Sunday, September 14, 2014

The growing *bump*!

Now that the announcement has finally been made public....


I can start sharing my bump photos as well!  I have been taking pictures each week since I started to "show" a bit at week 9.  Although I love the photos, taking them weekly is certainly a lot to keep up with, so I apologize in advance if I miss a few (I already missed week 13 because I was super sick!)

Although I was aware from friends, books, blogs, apps... etc., how much and how rapidly my body would change before my very eyes, it has certainly already been a wild, fun, uncomfortable, and too be perfectly honest.. a bit of a scary.... ride!  And all I know right now is that it has only barely just begun!






  11.5.14  Halfway there is finally here!  

I had such a feeling of relief when I hit the 5 month (20 week) mark.  Mostly because I felt that if I'd already done 20 weeks, I could certainly do it again!
   I am also starting to feel a little better and regain some energy.  Maybe it is just finding my groove and accepting the idea that I need approx. 10+ hours of sleep per night to feel well!

    And as Mom grows bigger... so does Mo!

   Most importantly.... Baby Mo had his/her big check up and anatomy scans and is a rockstar in all health departments so far.  Mo has a healthy heart that is pumping away, a healthy brain, limbs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc.  And is measuring a perfectly average size in the 55th %tile.

   It seems we have quite the acrobat on our hands... who likes to have parties as soon as mom lays down to relax.  The photo below even made the technician laugh - quite a flexible little one with toes above it's head!   Grow, baby Mo, Grow!



*          ~          *          ~          *          ~          *          ~        *          ~          *          ~         *          ~    

12.6.14
Many, many books and blogs (and even Dr.'s too!) will tell you that your 2nd trimester is marked by less symptoms and a boost of your regular energy level returning.  Well... each pregnancy is different and that was certainly NOT my 2nd tri.  It wasn't all THAT bad either, but definitely more achy, nauseous, and exhausted than the 1st.  Not to make excuses ... but that might have something to do with the 7 week lapse in any bump photos as I often crashed into bed the moment I returned home from work each night!  *Sorry future self!*



I did manage to make a chalkboard or two along the way though... here is one detailing how Baby Mo continues to keep us guessing *what* he/she will be!


As you can see, all the wive's tales used to predict gender make it even more clear that we have no idea whether we should be decking out our new baby closet in pink or blue.  As a result, I think I have cleaned out Carter's of every white, grey, yellow, and green teeny, tiny onesie available.  



Maybe my third trimester will be marked with a bit more energy... or at least slightly more dedication to documenting my growing bump.  Here's a start.. with more to come!




*          ~          *          ~          *          ~          *          ~        *          ~          *          ~         *          ~    

3.2.15

Here we are.... final week!  I wonder every day when and how I'm going to know that it is time to meet this little person who has been growing in there for almost an entire year.  I am trying as best I can to accept that it is out of my control, but this waiting game might be the hardest part of pregnancy yet!  Who will you be, baby Mo??

Here are some recent bump photos.   

Notice the extra touch of the chalkboard has gone by the wayside.... :(


 

So, Baby Mo.... Will there be one photo to take next week, or are you ready to meet us too?

No comments:

Post a Comment